It’s that time of the year again. The time when “Make a LinkedIn” ends up on my to-do list twelve times a month.
“Hey Seo, your cards are fucked up.”
Tarot cards, when not in use, are to be wrapped in silk (outside energy contaminates them). Sam gifted me a deck on Halloween to complement my “costume:” purple hair, dress, and nose-ring. I have not once wrapped these cards and countless are the times I have re-dealt them until their message pleased me. This story, for example, is always acceptable:
“In the past, you spent a lot of time alone; this time was very beneficial for you and forms the foundation of your current happiness. Now you are going to get involved in a lot of projects and create a bunch of stuff. If you can own your emotions and your desires, you will be really successful.”
Any mention of disappointment or deception is promptly dismissed. I believe in divination the way I believe in socializing on Sundays: cuando conviene.
If you’re looking for answers, though, allow me to read your leaves.
Sometime during the next eight to twelve months:
- You will look back and be surprised by the person you have been at some point during the last decade.
- You will feel embarrassed by at least one of the choices you’ve made, artistic or otherwise.
- You will feel desperate between one and three times and one of those times may feel like the first and worst time it has ever happened to anyone.
- You will feel that you are not up-to-task at a new job and then later discover that you are and it’s fine and you should really just calm the eff down.
- You will stub a toe.
- You will eat a quesadilla.
- You will throw a dirty look at a stranger on the subway and won’t feel bad about it.
- You will evaluate and re-evaluate your plans between one and one million times.
- You will have an upsetting interaction with a medical professional.
- You will learn something about yourself at precisely the moment when you are comfortable enough to believe that there are no surprises left.
That being said… if you remain open to the absurdity of your existence, there will also be nights and entire weeks when you will feel like shouting love-songs at your own exquisite web of mistakes.
Neva forget it,